Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM not saving tags

alicea says:
Hello,

I saw someone posted the same problem a while back but did not see a solution.

I have a task which will not save a tag once I move away from it. I've been using RTM for a while so am familiar with using it but stuck on this one.

TIA, Miky
Posted at 2:15pm on May 16, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi alicea,
Can you describe what you're doing specifically? Are you viewing a particular search/List/Smart List? Does this happen with just this one task? (If so, can you describe some of the other available fields for it, e.g. due date/repeat/list/etc.?) When you press Enter after adding the tag, what happens specifically? Do you see the spinner on the right side of the task and/or the status bar at the top saying what was just applied?

Sorry for so many questions, but we'll figure it out!
Posted 14 years ago
alicea says:
I am in a specific list, I have this one task I noticed does not have a tag (I tag every task). The only characteristics of the task is that it repeats monthly.

I select the task (shows checkmark), I click on the icon for tag which is "none", I enter the tag and hit enter twice (once enters a comma for the next tag and enter completes the entry).

Everything looks ok but when I navigate away from the task, even if it's just to look at another task, not clicking anything and the specific task still has the checkmark, the tag field is back to "none".

Thanks for the assist. Miky
Posted 14 years ago
alicea says:
UPDATE - FIXED (itself)

Out of curiosityI tried a different tag and it took it so I went back and changed it to the tag I wanted to use (one I use all the time) and it stuck.

Go figure. Thanks for the help.

Miky
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hm! Sounds like something was off with that task (but it's hard to say what!); glad to hear it's working for you now. :)
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.