Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google begins to push its Tasks feature

ranbarton Power Poster says:
We all knew this day was coming, I suppose, but Tasks is now being rolled out in both Gmail and Gcal.

link

This will introduce more people to online task management, but it will surely gather up its share of potential RTM users who never find their way to RTM now. If RTM is serious about maintaining its leading status, I think this is the sort of milestone in the industry that cannot be overlooked. I wish you luck as this market matures.

Posted at 8:14pm on May 13, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Looks nice, doesn't work (yet) in international versions of Gcal it seems.
They have a quick add that parses the input ("Dinner with Michael 7 pm tomorrow")...
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It's true; a lot of people seem to be clamoring about Google's Tasks that seemed to miss the feature before, whereas a lot of us already have filled that need with RTM.

RTM has the lead here—with so many additional features, a lot of really nice touches, and support that's a lot better than Google's—and I'm sure they're not ignoring these changes.

I used to wonder if Google would acquire RTM since they had a similar mindset to UI and such, but now I don't think that'd be best: Google has run a lot of acquired projects into the ground (remember Jaiku?) and it might lose some of the nice touches that make RTM so great to use.
Posted 14 years ago
jsellen says:
Yes, this will be quite interesting.
Posted 14 years ago
thierry.lam says:
I was actually looking at the Task feature from my Google Calendar yesterday and was thinking of using it as my default tasks tracker. After tinkering with it for a while, I just didn't have a good look and feel when compared to RMT. So I went back to the latter, it's functional and intuitive along with a nicer UI.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.