Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How Does one Filter?

paul.perger says:
I have seen many posts about filtering, but I can not for the life of me find anything about filtering in the user interface.

This sounds like a very useful tool, but I am not seeing it... Is it a feature of RTM Pro?
Posted at 5:14pm on May 13, 2009
(closed account) says:
In the upper right corner of your RTM screen, you'll seen a small blue box with a magnifying glass in it. You enter the query data there. Immediately below it is "Show Search Options" . Click on that and it will bring up a more detailed Search box where you can enter all kinds of search data on various fields.

In the lower right corner of the Search Options box it says "More advanced search options available". Click on that and it will bring up a detailed list of many of the search options available. You can do full Boolean searches using these terms. There are a few tricks along the way, but you can get help in these forums if needed.

Best of luck!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I suspect this is what you are after:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/smartlists/whatare.rtm

It's very powerful, and (to me) the heart of RTM.

Please keep asking questions; there's lots of help to be found on these boards.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Totally agree with ranbarton about the power of Smart Lists; I have as many Smart Lists as regular lists (and would probably tip the scales more if not for the way my BlackBerry synchronizes).

Good luck! :)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Definitely> I've only had RTM for a week, and I have 5 regular lists and 11 Smart Lists.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
agreed. Smartlists are the bee's knees.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.