Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do I find out whose Tasks I see?

rfauster says:
I am currently checking if RTM is the right thing for my company to have a group task management accessible from everywhere.

I can do Task Sharing in groups etc. but when my employees share their tasks with me (so I see what is still open etc.) I can not really see, what of the tasks are mine and which are theirs (in some sort of different colors eg. google calendar).

is there a way other than assigning intials to the task-description?
Posted at 10:44am on April 28, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rfauster,

Unfortunately there's not really a way to 'assign' tasks (indicating that someone is responsible for them) -- the best workaround I can think of is probably to use tags, which would allow searching and filtering based on who's responsible for each task.

Hope this helps.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Like Emily said, there's not really a way to "defer" a task, but it sounds more like you're managing their tasks, not receiving your own from them? If so, another method that might work is to share lists.

– So your employees can share a specific list with you, e.g. "From Employee", and you could see all the tasks in that list.

– You could create a Smart List with a search, e.g. 'from:employee AND list:"From Employee"', etc., that would show you all tasks from that person and in that list.

Granted, this would only work if every task they shared with you was ultimately theirs (since there's no way to separate "yours" from "theirs"), but it sounds like that would be enough for you.

If not, you could use tags like Emily mentioned. Or use lists to determine responsibility (e.g. if they put something in the shared 'rfauster' list it'd be "assigned" to you).

Post back with what works; I'm curious!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.