Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problem opening RTM on Firefox

(closed account) says:
Just a couple of days ago, I stopped being able to open RTM on Firefox. When I open it, the header opens and it says initializing but none of my lists load. It works fine on Explorer and my iPhone app. I'm using Firefox 3.0.9 on a windows Vista machine.

Any suggestions?
Posted at 7:41pm on April 24, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi felixtsai,

Can I ask if you have Gears installed in your browser?

If so, would it be possible to disable permission for RTM in Gears (in the Gears settings in your browser) and clear cache/cookies, and see if this helps?
Posted 14 years ago
miriam.lyons says:
Hi I had the same problem (Firefox 3.0.10 on mac leopard). I followed emily's instructions, which fixed it - thanks!

Have just re-enabled gears, logged out & in again - no probs. Will let you know if it breaks again.

Cheers, ML.
Posted 14 years ago
ptn says:
Sorry, this didn't do it for me. I wen as far as removing RTM from Gears, but still no results.
Posted 14 years ago
ptn says:
I logged in after a cold boot and there were my lists. Problem solved.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Excellent. Obviously not the first thing that should have fixed it, but that works too. :) Post back if you notice any other problems!

Also, Emily just posted some more general information on the Gears issues on the status blog.
Posted 14 years ago
dineshl.work says:
I have a similar problem which the cold boot did not solve.

I am unable to login using firefox 3.0.10, no gears installed. However, I am able to access using my mobile. I am also able to login and access my tasks page from the RTM gmail plugin

I use a blackberry and installed BBRTM on it. The problems started after that. However, I can login and access the tasks lists via BBRTM.

Any suggestions?
Posted 14 years ago
jakob777 says:
I don't have Gears and can't have same problems , pleas anybody help. Can't entry to my account!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
If anyone has unresolved loading issues (and has already tried disabling Gears), please submit an issue report via our support system.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
miriam.lyons says:
It broke again, the same way. Disabling gears fixed it. Do you think the gears issue will be resolved soon? Might leave it disabled if not.
Posted 14 years ago
Miriam,
It's probably best to leave it disabled for now; unfortunately, we're unable to say when it will be resolved.

The status blog is probably the easiest way to keep tabs on it; we'll update it with any news as it develops.
Posted 14 years ago
mediaarts says:
FYI: I've run into this problem once more and this solved it. I'm beginning to get curious about its cause...
Posted 14 years ago
aajax says:
OK disabling GG works, but if I leave GG disabled, how do I use RTM offline?
Posted 14 years ago
With Gears disabled, you wouldn't be able to. Unfortunately, Gears is the only way to use RTM offline, but it's been acting up with RTM.

We will post an update when we have some more information, whether a workaround or a solution.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.