Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show only certain lists in iPhone App?

anne.p. says:
Is there a way to have certain lists exluded from showing up in the iphone app?
I use my iPhone for personal business, and don't want all my work tasks cluttering it up.
I know I can view just my personal tasks, but can I make it so work tasks don't show up at all?
Posted at 6:57pm on April 24, 2009
(closed account) says:
Hi Anne,

This should achieve what you want, but then the archived lists won't appear on your main Tasks screen. It's not ideal, but it may help?!?

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/tasks/archivelist.rtm
Posted 14 years ago
anne.p. says:
T--while that, in theory, works, it also makes it so that the RTM igoogle widget that I use at work to keep on top of my tasks doesn't display my work tasks. So unfortunately, it won't work. Anyone else have any potential solutions?
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Why don't you tag your tasks as personal or work, and then build smartlists for each view that you desire, and then refer only to the smartlist that makes sense for the moment?
Posted 14 years ago
anne.p. says:
i do, but i'm thinking of my iphone app--it shows all tasks due that day by default. i know i can go in and view what i need to separately, i just don't want work tasks to show up in my daily list on my iphone app at all.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have repeatedly suggested that the iPhone app allow one to place smartlists in the toolbar, which would be a great solution for many people's needs, including what you describe.

Maybe if we all cross our fingers, and hold our breath, Bob may code this soon? Maybe...
Posted 14 years ago
anne.p. says:
oh boy, i certainly hope so!
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
I use a prefix to label my tasks (T is everything for teaching my online course) so that I can quickly see what is what on the iPhone. (I do this in addition to tagging, etc...)
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.