Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is "Tasks for [Date]" in Google Calendar Part of RTM?

katzja says:
I use RTM via Firefox. In my Google Calendar, I see the check box icon for RTM. There is also an event entry for every day (in the multi-day section on top of the regular calendar) which has a label like "Tasks for Monday (April 6)". Is this part of RTM? If so, how can I get rid of them? If it is not part of RTM, does anyone recognize what it looks like?

Thanks,
katzja
Posted at 7:49pm on April 5, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi katzja,

This is part of RTM for Google Calendar -- unfortunately when Google Calendar adds the icons on each day, it also adds it as an event each day and shows this in the daily agenda.

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware it's not possible to hide this. :(
Posted 15 years ago
katzja says:
Thanks a billion. At least my "itch" around the task entries is satisfied.

Is there a way to delete mutliple "Task for" entries? Syncing setting problems have created duplicates. I manually remove them for the month I am in, but if there is an easier way, I would be very appreciative.

katzja
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi katzja,

Unfortunately I'm not too sure. :( Calendar sync programs shouldn't (theoretically!) be touching the RTM calendar (it's a special read-only calendar type in Google Calendar).

It might even be worth asking on the Google Calendar forums to see if people there have suggestions on how to multi-delete events from calendars to clean up syncs.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
Posted 15 years ago
katzja says:
Will check the Google Forums. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling RTM to see if I could eliminate the clutter, but it did not work. When reinstalled, RTM shows on the calendar sidebar in the settings, but the task icons have vanished. Read http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/troubleshooting/googlecalendar.rtm (and http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/about/googlecalendar.rtm) , but suggestions made no difference. They were showing before the uninstalling/reinstalling. As the guides say, I will wait, but it has been an overnight. Will reclean my cache. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Jerry Katz
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.