Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bug with editing tasks in iPhone

(closed account) says:
I've filed a support request today, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem with the iPhone app when attempting to edit a task with a long description.

I am unable to tap at a point in the text so that the cursor jumps there, allowing me to edit. However, sometimes it does work, but there is no way to jump to the beginning of the text to edit. You pretty much have to delete it all and start again.

It's very touchy -- sometimes the app reacts to the touch in the field, and sometimes not.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Posted at 5:15pm on March 27, 2009
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Yes, all the time. I think there are even some other threads that touch on this, and Emily may have said this is a bug in the OS. I think I read that, but I cannot fine the URL now.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Don't hold your breath for an update though.
Posted 15 years ago
hibanayama says:
I had the same issue with RTM on the iPhone. I don't know what the OS problem is, but I switched to Toodledo on the iPhone about a month ago and have had no problem being able to edit the task names by inserting the cursor. They must have found a workaround.

This was one of the things that really caused me problems with RTM (particularly since I could never get the RTM website to work with our security "enhanced" version of IE7 at work.)
Posted 15 years ago
andrew.ong says:
Same here. Doubt there will be updates though.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I too was baffled by RTM's insistence that that this was a bug with the iPhone system. I have no issues editing the same tasks in either Todo or Toodledo's own application.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Given the fact that one can edit text in many places in countless applications, I always assumed Emily's comment meant it was a bug in the particular method being invoked in this case, and not a suggestion on her part that all text editing was affected. This bites me daily, and I yearn for a 1.0.3.1, or maybe a 1.0.4 release to fix this.

One day.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately still a bug in the existing iPhone OS, but hopefully this has been fixed in 3.0 (and hopefully it'll be available in final release sometime soon too :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Oh please. The bug doesn't show up on Toodledo or Todo or any other of apps that have fields long enough to enter large strings of data.... This is so disappointing.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.