Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bugs with iPhone 3.0 Beta OS

mark.beazley says:
Found some issues with RTM running on the new iPhone OS. Obviously as it is in beta there is no need to panic, but thought I'd mention them here in case the RTM crew wasn't aware:

- Can't use swipe gesture to complete tasks.
- Landscape mode renders in only half the viewport, making it rather useless.

Anyone else given this a spin on the new OS?
Posted at 9:04pm on March 23, 2009
(closed account) says:
Yeah, I'm running OS3.0 and have noticed the same issues. Also when going into edit mode on a list, the bullet buttons for selecting items are pushed a little further to the right.

Strangely, when I first did a restore to 3.0, I also restored my previous backup. After doing this, the swipe to complete function still worked on the RTM app. However I had issues with other apps not working, so did a fresh restore with no backup, and since then this function has not worked.

Generally speaking though, I've not had any other issues. They all seem to be UI related, no problems so far with editing or syncing etc.

I'm hoping we'll be seeing an update to the RTM app for 3.0 with push notifications, and other new features. Maybe contacts/email/maps integrations?

One thing I'd love to see would be an "Add to RTM" pop-up button alongside the new cut/copy/paste buttons when double tapping text in email/safari. I'm assuming this wouldn't be possible due to SDK restrictions, but it would be fantastic if it were possible; i.e. I select some text in a webpage or email, and get a pop-up with "copy" and "add to RTM" buttons, I press "add to RTM" and the RTM app opens with this text as the task title; or when I hold my finger on a URL and get the "open", "open in new page", "copy" pop-up buttons, there's also an "add to RTM" button that would open the RTM app and add the URL to a new task.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
The "Add to RTM" pop-up button alongside new Copy/Paste is a BRILLIANT idea. Simply brilliant.

You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Bravo.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Guys,
I can see how the landscape function could be a problem. Did it act up on other programs or apps as well? If it does it only on RTM, they better get busy on it. It's one of the best features in the iPhone and the dealmaker over Toodledo and ToDo IMO.

The "add to RTM" is a brilliant idea. Unfortunately, we forget who we are dealing with. Not being offensive. Just telling it like it is. RTM is a typical example of the old adage "a swallow doesn't make spring". Meaning, they did OK with the release of an innovative task manager but they've parked it there. Don't expect any sensational achievements or truckstopping new upgrades.

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
@gui.azurdia; it appears to be an issue with other apps as well, including the built in one. For example if I go to bookmarks view when in landscape mode on Safari, I see the same issue. So, hopefully we'll no longer see this issue when they fix these OS bugs.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
odelaney

great! Thanks for the update. Apple is promising landscape in all native Apple apps on the next upgrade. Also copy and paste, HAve you been avle to test that?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yeah, copy/paste works across all apps, apple ones & 3rd party, so no need for devs to release updates specifically to use this feature.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
There's likely to be a few issues with the app on the iPhone 3.0 Beta right now that may make the app unusable, but we're getting that fixed up. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.