Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Remove RTM from Gmail

timbokil says:
I followed the instructions in Arvid's post, but RTM is not actually on my add-ons list at all, so there's nothing to remove, yet when I go to Gmail it's still there on the right hand side.
Posted at 12:18pm on March 23, 2009
krissy says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
manning999 says:
I don't know what's in Arvid's post, but can't you go into Gmail Settings, then find a remove button for RTM under the Gadgets tab? I have not tried removing it to test, because I want to keep RTM in my Gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
jpdayan says:
Arvid's post was very helpful. I've just used it and it works perfectly !
Arvid says: "In FireFox, go to Tools > Addons. Here you can first disable the extension and after that uninstall it." That is to say that RTM is not add-in in gmail but add-in in Firefox itself. When you understand that, it's very easy to remove.
@manning999: There is no RTM button in gmail settings !
Posted 15 years ago
chrisshaffer says:
It depends on whether you are using the GMail Gadget or the Firefox extension.
Posted 15 years ago
manning999 says:
If the RTM Gmail gadget was added in Settings->Gadgets, then it should be very simple to remove it there by clicking the remove button next to the RTM gadget. That's what I should have been more clear about.

Based on what timbokil was saying, it sounds like the gadget was installed and used, not the FF add-on.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
For anyone still looking for uninstall instructions:

How to uninstall the gadget from Gmail Labs

How to uninstall the Firefox extension

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
aquarajustin says:
I'm having this same issue. I added RTM to Gmail labs via URL and now it isn't in the list of labs gadgets to remove.
Posted 15 years ago
aquarajustin says:
Found a workaround -- Go to the bottom of the labs gadget list an click the "Disable" radio button next to "Add any gadget by URL," then click "Save Changes." RTM should be gone now. You can re-enable Add by URL and RTM should still be gone.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.