Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM, Gmail/Gcal, Outlook, and Blackberry

mechers says:
Okay, here's the situation. I've been scatterbrained forever and have been using paper lists to keep track of things since high school at least. At any given time, I have at least one folded up, scribbled-on sheet in my pocket. I just got a Blackberry and am excited to make it my new "list". However, I would like to be able to sync everything through Outlook b/c that can be done via USB and does not require the monthly data plan for the phone. I don't actually use Outlook--it is just the medium I want to sync through. I already use Gcal and can sync Gcal with Outlook and Outlook with my BB. However, I really need a task function and Google Labs task app is still in development and doesn't sync with anything yet. RTM seems like it would fit my needs, but I have some questions:

Why so many different versions to work with Gcal, Gmail, iGoogle and whatever else? Do you need all of them? Only one? Do they have different functionalities?

If I put RTM in Gcal, will it sync to Outlook when I sync Gcal with Outlook?

What I want to know is if there is a way , through RTM, that I can enter tasks on either my BB or Gmail/Gcal that can then be synced to the other via Outlook. Is this possible?
Posted at 1:20am on March 22, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey mechers,

For syncing, it really depends on whether an app supports syncing with tasks. You can use MilkSync to sync with your BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device and then sync those tasks with Outlook.

If you're interested in integrating with Google Calendar, we have a gadget and iCalendar feeds that make this possible (however, it's not possible to directly sync with Google Calendar).

Hope this helps -- please feel free to use as many of the RTM services as you find helpful. :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.