Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Any plans to make use of iPhone 3.0 features?

pete.kyle says:
Things like push notifications etc. Would be great to hear your plans...?
Posted at 6:50pm on March 18, 2009
(closed account) says:
I think many users here are beginning to think that something is wrong. There have been no enhancements at all to the iPhone app for months. I have no expectations that they will do anything to take advantage of the features offered in 3.0

Too bad, really. RTM is a great web-app.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Remember that RTM is an award winning developer in Apple's eyes, and not long ago. I am sure they will make the 3.0 SDK stand up and spin.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
They have done nothing to enhance the web or iPhone interface for months, and basically simply ignore user feedback and suggestions. Much of the iPhone feedback and requests to enhance are legitimate and worthwhile.

I have no faith that they will improve the iPhone version. The link you pointed to is getting close to a year old. It's all very well to sit on your laurels, but the prize was awarded a long time ago in this world. In the mean time, Appigo has improved "Todo" and Pocket Informant has been released. Toodledo has continued to enhance their product, and released their own iPhone app.

In business, it's much easier to retain existing customers than it is to bring in new ones -- especially since RTM is pissing off a few of us who were formerly loyal. Not very good business moves. Even the person who was hired to respond to the issues raised in the forums has been quiet of late. I'm not convinced that RTM gives a darn any longer. Their silence in these forums speaks louder than any idea one may have that they are going to make anything stand up and spin.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
amswitzer

you said it. While RTM is working in the dark, Toodledo and others are busy dishing out upgrades. One thng is clear: many apps are being developed with the goal of syncing with Toodledo than with RTM. As soon as Tooeldo fixes that horrible online UI, people will be migrating to it. One of the reasons I don't move totally to Toodledo is their look. It's not nice. However, RTM cannot work on looks alone.

I think RTM has gotten as far as they could. It won;t get any better than now unless they are bought off by someone. The current methodology is inexcusable. I wouldn't be surpirsed if even their Forum link (Krissy) quit already. How long can you take the abuse? I read a post somewhere where someone asked her not to lie. I thought it was a little rude but it's the truth. She was promising something Emily had already denied.

RTM will join other long gone companies in the universe of oblivion. It will hang in there but without any changes.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm actually getting used to Toodledo and I am very appreciative that virtually every post to a forum there with a suggestion or question gets acknowledged or answered by the developer.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
I noticed that as well. Every posting is answered.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I tried Toodledo but the UI was barely usable and way too slow on cell networks. If they improve, and RTM continues this path, I'll make the switch permanently.
Posted 15 years ago
rob.orr says:
I'm really surprised to find so much negativity in this forum. I'm a long-term fan of RTM (which after all has always been free), and appreciate that they made a good iPhone app to go with it. But in my eyes it is just that - an iPhone app to assist using RTM as it is 'supposed' to be used - on my PC at home and work. I would certainly never consider jumping to a different app because it's better on the iPhone and gets updated every few months.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think much of the negativity has to do with the lack of feedback from RTM. People want to know that their data is secure and that the company is going to be in it for the long haul. The lack of communication is, in my opinion, the big problem here. And why wouldn't you consider another platform if they offer a better solution, both on the web and on the iPhone?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Just wanted to note that we're definitely checking out 3.0 -- if there are specific features that are available in iPhone 3.0 that folks would like to see in the RTM app, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.