Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tall, wide iGoogle desktop widget, with font size control?

felciano says:
Hi all --

I would like to display my tasks on my Windows desktop in a reasonably unobtrusive way. I like the iGoogle widget, but when installing it as a Google Desktop widget I run into 3 problems:

As far as I can tell, Google Desktop widgets can't have scrollbars, so long lists of tasks can't be reached. So the best that you can do in that framework is to make the widget tall, wide, and with a smaller font. This leaves me with 3 questions:

1. The default iGoogle widget font size is larger than the default font size for other Google Desktop widgets. Is it possible to configure this?

2. The Google Desktop widget seems to have a maximum height -- is there any way around this?

3. Similarly, if you make the RTM desktop widget wider in the Google Desktop side bar, all the other widgets grow wide as well. Is there a way to just have the RTM widget independently sizable?

If this is not possible within Google Desktop, is there a different way to display the iGoogle widget on a PC desktop?

Thanks,

Ramon
Posted at 7:51pm on March 12, 2009
(closed account) says:
yes, theres an alternative, use the adobe air "remember the task". Just google it.
I use it, though for some reson it doesnt work for me now. Maybe it wil for you.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.