Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

a search through status:any should search through even completed items, but it does not

jef says:
Dear RTM team,

It's happened to me before, but I can't ignore it anymore.

When I open up the "show search options"
One option is: "Status".
The default setting for "Status" is "any".
Below the "any", we can also choose from:
Incomplete
Completed.

Searching through Status:Any _should_ search through all statuses, including Incomplete AND Completed. But, it doesn't search through Completed.

I did a small test.
I created a task called testing333. I then selected it and marked it as completed. I then went to the "show search options" and put in "testing333" in the "has the words" box. I clicked the [search tasks] button, but testing333 did not appear.

I then went back to the "show search options". For [Status], I selected "Completed". I then put in the word testing333 into the "Has the words" box. I clicked "search tasks" and this time, it worked.

RTM, is the Status:Any bugged?

Posted at 9:01pm on March 3, 2009
krissy says:
Hi Jef,

I will follow this up for you and try to get an answer.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You will have to click the link "XXX completed" in the task box in the top right corner.
Posted 15 years ago
jef says:
rajjan,
I don't know what you're referring to.
Post a screenshot to clarify.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
See the marked link, you can only get to the completed tasks by using this link.

Posted 15 years ago
jef says:
rajjan,
thanks for the screenshot. No, I disagree. That is a way to get to the completed tasks, but it is NOT the only way to get there.
the Show Search options, as I have described is another way. Or at least, if working correctly, be another way.

Hope to hear from krissy or some other RTM staff regarding this matter soon.
Posted 15 years ago
jef says:
Krissy (or RTM staff),
Have you been able to simulate this bug?

Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Jef I haven't forgotten about you - just chasing up a reply that I can pass through.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jef,

With a search for status "Completed", it will automatically switch to the completed view and show any results.

With a search for status "Any", it will default to the Incomplete view (even if there are no results there). As rajjan mentioned, you can click the "completed" link to see any completed tasks in the results.

The incomplete/complete tasks are never shown in the same view (even with the search for status "Any", they will still be split into separate views).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.