Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Advantages to using RTM

jawsthemeswimming428 says:
This may not be the right spot for this but I didn't know where else to put it. I am wondering what the advantage is to using RTM vs. a calendar application (i.e. Sunbird or Google Calendar)? I understand they are two completely different applications with different purposes. But, don't the calendar apps have similar functionality to RTM?
Posted at 12:50am on March 2, 2009
fbiljecki says:
You have to start to distinguish two fundamental terms: events and tasks. I am not sure if you do so, if yes, I apologise, but your post look like you don't.
Events go in the calendar and tasks go in a task manager like RTM. A task is for example:
"Set up a meeting with John" due tomorrow afternoon. You put this in RTM. When you agree with John about date&time of this meeting you create an event in your calendar (i.e. Sunbird or Google Calendar) "Meeting with John" date&time: tuesday 13:00. So RTM and calendar applications can't really compare to each other because they are for different purposes, but you can't avoid using them both and closely together. I hope now it's more clear to you.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM has very powerful search capabilities allowing you to filter through your tasks in more ways than "when" which is all that calendars do.
Posted 15 years ago
jawsthemeswimming428 says:
I appreciate your explanations, it is somewhat more evident.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.