Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Adding to a complex smartlist puts task in the inbox

whizzard says:
I have smartlist called "Work ASAP" that is:

due: Never list: Work NOT (tag: someday or tag:wf)

When I add a task ('t' key) while viewing this smartlist, the task ends up in the Inbox. I find this very disorientating, and frequently find myself seeing the "You must select something" error message (because as soon as I hit return, the task is no longer on screen, and no longer selected).

Am I right that there's no way around this? I.e. the smartlist is "ambiguous" and RTM can't figure out sensible default details?

Posted at 2:40pm on March 1, 2009
gui.azurdia says:
You have a conflict in the naming of your list. There is a duplicity in "Work". Upon processing, the code looks at "work" before anything else and two occurrances of the same word are in conflict. Try chamging the name of your smartlist
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You can't have NOT or OR in a smartlist if you want it to assign meta info to your new tasks.
Check this thread for a workaround: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3700/
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Rajjan is right! I neglected to specify that when sayingnthe name was wrong. Nice catch Rajjan
Posted 15 years ago
whizzard says:
Thanks Rajjan, look likes your workaround solves my problem.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.