Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Mark items complete by email (or other remote input)

baldmeistr says:
Is there a way to mark an item complete via email? I thought I remembered seeing that function, but can't find it now.

Broader issue: I'm trying to integrate RtM with other services, and having the toughest time getting things synced. RtM exports nicely, but you can ONLY mark items complete through its interface or one of the others that have already been developed. I'm hoping to set up something that will automatically email my RtM account when I check a task as completed in some external project management software, so that the tasks I've imported into that software via iCalendar export can also be "synced"--marked complete in RtM as well as the software.

Bottom line: how do I get a task marked complete without actually logging into RtM and doing it manually?
Posted at 12:29pm on February 27, 2009
(closed account) says:
via twitter.
via igoogle.
via Remember the Task (Adobe Air application).
via Ubiquity or Find And Run Robot.
via your Gmail account.

I cant think of other ones, sorry. You can find details for all of these in the "services" page except for Remember the Task (google that)
Posted 15 years ago
baldmeistr says:
Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post: a web interface is unsatisfactory. I want to be able to send an email and have it deal with my RtM tasks automatically. Barring some other form of RtM input solution, I've found that email + Tarpipe --> Twitter SHOULD work... but I've had the damndest time making Twitter work with RtM at all.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
I understand what you're saying. If you have an iPhone use the app. With other smartphones use the lite version of RTM.

Can it be done through Outlook? Yes. Question is: how skilled are you in coding? No sense in walking you through the steps unless you have a decent understanding of code.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.