Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Completing recurring "after" events on BlackBerry

stanf says:
I submitted a support request a couple of days ago, but so far have only gotten an automated acknowledgement of receipt. I saw that I might get no response if this is covered in the help forums, so maybe I missed this one...

I set up a recurring event using "after" (i.e., the next occurrence comes so much time after this one's *completion* date, not after its original *scheduled* date).

The event sits there in my task list for some days, and I finally get around to finishing it, and mark it "completed," when it's several days overdue.

It seems to come up again rather soon, and I look into that and discover that it has recurred a week after it was originally *scheduled,* not after it was *completed.*

I have around 30 tasks recurring using "after," and around 10 of them have been completed once since I got my BlackBerry. Every last one of them has been scheduled to repeat the specified period of time after originally scheduled.

With further testing, I realized that this only happens if I complete them on the BlackBerry. If I go to RTM's web interface and complete them there, they are scheduled to repeat correctly.

I realize that the BlackBerry's tasks don't seem to have a "date completed" field like the RTM's tasks do. I wonder if this is the source of the trouble.

Has anyone gotten this to work correctly?

Thanks...
Stan

Posted at 11:26pm on February 20, 2009
jsimonelli says:
I just posted a topic with similar issue, but with my Blackberry is any recurring event. Regardless if I used after, every or whatever other methods there are. Even if I add a recurring event on the blackberry it functions correctly until it is synced with the rmilk server and then it can crash when i complete it. Strange...
Posted 15 years ago
jsimonelli says:
a little update. If i delete task from Bberry if I delete first task it also freezes, but if I delete all including repeating for the one that is giving me issues then it works. When it freezes I normally have to reboot by taking the battery out and put back in, then By accident I held down power button which puts blackberry on standby and turned it back on and got the following

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_task_app(146) is not responding; process terminated

It is obvious that the task crashed the task application, but why would tasks added from rmilk with repeat every weekday cause this. I have narrowed it down to just the weekday ones, the once a week ones seem to work fine for me now.

Posted 15 years ago
mckimmy.me says:
jsimonelli - I'm having the same problem as you, though I think it's unrelated to the original poster's problem. It seems his issue revolves around tasks getting scheduled incorrectly from the BB, whereas ours is with crashing on the completion of recurring items. Hopefully they'll find a fix for this soon!
Posted 15 years ago
jsimonelli says:
I am glad I am not the only one dealing with this. I wish I could fix it somehow as it is very frustrating, especially when I am in a meeting and they ask me when I plan to do such a thing, and maybe I just completed something else and I cant respond because I am waiting for blackberry to recover. Sad, that now I have a print out of rmilk for meetings just in case. I love my blackberry but I hate it sometimes!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey all,

Just wanted to note that if anyone is experiencing issues with MilkSync for BlackBerry and hasn't reported them to us via our support system already, we would love to hear from you!

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.