Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar not refreshing iCal events

cptwasp says:
When I add my task I can see the events, but when I add tasks on RTM I don't see them in Google Calendar, even if I refresh the page.
Thank you
Posted at 4:45pm on February 11, 2009
(closed account) says:
google takes a while to refresh, and you cant force it manually... does it work now?
Posted 15 years ago
cptwasp says:
No. Manual refresh doesn't work at all; but if I remove the calendar and re-add it, it works fine. Maybe a problem with smart lists?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
no, I explained myself badly.

What I meant is this: you add tasks in RTM. You can see them there instantly. You have Gcalendar "reading" them, but it "reads" when it wants (usually in 3 hours tops), hitting refresh doesnt tell him "read again". (There is no way to tell him read again, this is a common complaint).

Adding a new feed however forces a re-read (because it believes it's brand new and has to sync all again!)

So after a while, it should read them alone and it should work. If you are in a hury to see them, re-suscribing is the best way.
Also, 30Boxes has a button to "read again", try it if you like.
Posted 15 years ago
cptwasp says:
Thank you
Posted 15 years ago
mikearndt says:
Seems like Google is reading the webcal feeds more often now. At least once a day. Before it seemed to take days if not weeks.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
In my experience it takes less than that (around 3 hours as I've said).
Not having a "reread" button is probably my top complaint for Gcal... and the main reason why I've not decided to dump 30boxes yet.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.