Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

All task descriptions changed to 'e'

david.rhind says:
Help!

I was editing a tasks tag list ... but must have done something wrong in the sequence of keystrokes.

I was trying to add a tag of 'care' but ended up with all tasks having a description of 'e'. I assume that I couldn't have been in the tag edit field so when I hit the 'a' it selected all tasks, the 'r' was ignored and the 'e' was taken as the new description for all tasks.

Yes, multi edit was on, as I was doing a wholesale tag management exercise (this was nearly the end of 1 hrs work)!

Any way that I can recover my tasks?

Any help on this would be gratefully received,

Thanks

David
Posted at 1:43am on February 10, 2009
david.rhind says:
Don't worry - I'll start again.

It'll make me think carefully about my new tag regime (a la GTD) and it will allow me to clear out the list of to do items that have been sitting on lists for ages.

David
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
If it happens again or to somebody else:
RTM backs up all data, however, I'm not sure how often. I suppose you could have reverted back to a previous day. Contact RTM directly in that case.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
In case you wish to undo any editing in the future, the undo feature can actually undo multiple actions (it can undo most actions going right back to when you logged in and began your session).

While we do keep back ups, please don't rely on us being able to restore your data after changes, if at all possible. You can make your own backups, in case this helps (in general, we don't offer data restoral services; our own internal back ups are primarily to ensure we're keeping everybody's data safe in case of hardware failures etc).

Hope this helps! :)
Posted 15 years ago
david.rhind says:
Thanks all for the responses.

Actually it turned out to be a good thing as it resally made me housekeep what I had on RTM.

I didn't relaise that undo was multiple - bu tin this case it woudln't have healped as my IE session died at the same time!!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.