Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

problem with + sign in inbox address

tsvlasuk says:
I've set up a Gmail filter that is supposed to intercept certain messages and forward them to my RTM inbox. I have checked and double-checked the address that I'm forwarding to, and it shows the address with the + sign, but I keep getting "undeliverable" messages, with the reported "problem" address having %2b instead of a +.

I found a thread here from January 2007 that recommended changing the + sign to the %2b code to avoid some issues, but in my case that conversion is being done automatically at some point, and that seems to be the problem.

What do I need to do to resolve this?
Posted at 11:39pm on February 8, 2009
arvid says:
Hi tsvlasuk,

could you in your Gmail filter settings change the address already yourself, displaying %2b instead of + ?

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
tsvlasuk says:
Sorry, I don't quite understand your instructions.

Do you mean that the filter /should/ use the %2b? Or are you asking whether I might have changed it myself accidentally?

Thanks,
--Tamara
Posted 15 years ago
tsvlasuk says:
Btw, this is the specific error I'm getting (with asterisks for privacy):

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

tsvlasuk%2b******@rmilk.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 450 450 4.1.2 : Recipient address rejected: Domain not found (state 14).
Posted 15 years ago
tsvlasuk says:
Arvid or Emily,

Any further information on this? Does that error message help figure out what's happening?
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi tsvlasuk - I will follow this up with Arvid/Emily for you. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi @tsvlasuk - if this is still an issue for you can you please submit an issue report? I can then track the answers for you.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.