Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Start date and due date

lolongan says:
I would like to create a task which could start only after a specified date (and not before) and which should be done before another specified date.
How can I manage to do that with RTM ?
Thanks
Posted at 8:51pm on January 27, 2009
adam.elman says:
I would really like this as well. According to several postings on the forum, there's no current way to do this, and the RTM crew has been non-committal on the feature. :)
Posted 15 years ago
adam.elman says:
Actually, here's a little workaround that I just tried for my own purposes, and it seems to work.

Basically, the idea is that there are tasks that I want to do by a certain date, but I can't do them until shortly before that date -- for example, replacing the air filter in my furnace, which I only do every three months.

So what I did was this: set the due date to three months from now and tagged it as "delaystart". I then created a smart list with the following search query:
(NOT tag:delaystart) or (tag:delaystart AND dueWithin:"1 week")

This list will only show tasks that either don't have this tag, or have it and are due within a week of today.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Check the thread Tips: Useful Searches in the Tips&Tricks forum, look for the post dated 8:26am on November 25, 2008.
Posted 15 years ago
lolongan says:
Thanks a lot
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.