Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task dependencies

justace says:
I just posted a forum topic asking about the possibility of nested tasks. Related to this is the ability to specify that a task is dependent on the completion of a different task. For instance I can not fit a data set until I have run the analysis code on the data. This helps to see what you need to work on right now. This is not the same as nested lists. You could have a nested list with all the sub tasks that need to be completed, but they may not be ordered. I think this would be a super cool addition to RTM. How many developers are there for RTM, are they working on volunteer time or is development paid for?

I think that nested tasks and task dependencies would be the single greatest addition to this site. Seems like to me to implement at least the backend code for it would probably only take a week.
Posted at 5:23pm on January 26, 2009
peterclark says:
so there is no way currently in RTM to say "do this task THEN this task" ? bummer :/ (came here to ask that question)
Posted 15 years ago
justace says:
Is there a place that shows what the roadmap for RTM is? To see if the developers have placed it on the list of things to do?
Posted 15 years ago
justace says:
I realize that I have posted this in the wrong forum and it should have gone into ideas. Can the OP move it over to the correct forum?

Justace
Posted 15 years ago
rakxzo says:
I don't know much more about this topic besides what is posted here. But I would also vote for this feature. It is almost basic I think and should be implemented.

If you consider that a task could be "complete X project" the project could have a number of sub-tasks associated with it... you know about "shaving a yak" right?

The only work around right now for me is to make a list act as the "main task" and the task I create under it are the sub-tasks, but this is not ideal for a number of reasons.

Thank you!
Posted 15 years ago
sobolevnrm says:
This would be a fantastic feature and would allow me to switch many more of my project management "to dos" over to RTM. It would also definitely cause me to renew my pro membership in the face of the free Google Tasks (and their iPhone support).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.