Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

SMS Reminders for Virgin Mobile Help

justin.gaspar says:
Hi, I setted up a SMS Task Reminder for my Virgin US Mobile phone and for the past few weeks, I haven't receive any reminder through my mobile phone. I am not sure if I setted up correctly or something else is wrong. For the mobile phone number, do I have to my number in this format: (xxx)xxx-xxx or just xxxxxxxxxx w/o the parentheses and dash.

Please let me know. Thanks.
Posted at 10:27am on January 29, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for reporting this.

It looks like there was a problem with Virgin US reminders, and we've fixed this up now -- you should start receiving reminders to your phone.

It doesn't matter which format you enter the phone number in, as we automatically remove any non-digits.

Please let me know if you experience any further problems.
Posted 18 years ago
justin.gaspar says:
Thank you, the Virgin US reminders are working now. By the way, what happens if the reminder's message doesn't fit in a text message?
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
it would probably be split up into 2 parts and may show as part 1/2 and part 2/2.
Posted 18 years ago
It depends on what your provider supports -- we send it out as one message, but your provider may either split it into two messages or cut off the message (I think most providers will handle this nicely and split it).
Posted 18 years ago
justin.gaspar says:
Thanks for the replies, but for some reason, Virgin Mobile doesn't split messages. Oh well, maybe because it's a prepaid cellphone provider.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
o2 would be nice for the uk too . . . :)
Posted 17 years ago
daveyr, do you know if o2 supports email-to-SMS? If you can let us know the email address to send our reminders to (e.g. for Cingular in the US, it's yourphonenumber@cingularme.com), then we can add it to our supported networks.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
my bad, i should have checked 02 support for this first. it seems the do support it, but you it has to be set up, and costs 12/10p / email.
Also, this is only avaliable on pay-monthly contracts.

More info here:
http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/mobileservices/mmail_service.html
Posted 17 years ago
daveyr, thanks for letting us know! If you get an email address from o2, you can setup reminders to be sent to it by selecting 'Mobile' then 'Other' and entering the address there.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.