Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Searching for 'empty' attributes

stopsineman says:
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to do a search for an attribute that is empty. I'm primarily interested in searching for empty location attributes at this point, but I can see how useful such an ability would be in the future. I did come across a post on these forums here (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3140/) that seems to indicate someone successfully doing this, but I have no idea how or even if this is a feature that somehow got rolled off the back end...

"rajjan Pro says:

"I have a Check smart list that checks for task without time estimate and location. It should be empty.

"In true GTD fashion, you really shouldn't have items in your inbox that aren't next actions. Look at it, tag, locate and do whatever you need to immediately, get it done when you have the time.

"Posted at 11:59am on November 16, 2007"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timmy V.
Posted at 6:44pm on August 10, 2008
arvid says:
Hi Timmy,

did you try the following advance search?
isLocated:false
When you do the search, you will see all items in all lists without a location. Now you can save this search as a Smartlist and it will show up in the tabs where you can easily select it.

For more advanced search options look at the FAQ

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
stopsineman says:
Nice! That was it, Arvid. Sorry for being dense. ^_^

Thanks a bunch!

Timmy V.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.