Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I want RTM tasks to plainly show in Google Calendar!

abeer.khalique says:
I've tried everything.

I just want my tasks to show up on Google Calendar without me having to click any blue check icon.

Is this possible? I love my RTM and just would like to see my tasks in plainview on a calendar.

Someone please help!
Posted at 3:37am on June 27, 2008
(closed account) says:
Same request here. In addition to this ... I see blue checks for all days even when there are no tasks outstanding ... why is that?

Posted 15 years ago
pc_uk says:
Yup...same thing here too. Please help! So close to having RTM become the perfect solution for organising me...if this last little piece of the jigsaw could work....!
Posted 15 years ago
dvelthuis says:
Can't you simply subscribe in Google Calendar directly to the iCal feed? Works pefectly for me.

See: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
abeer.khalique says:
OK, i got it working! I see my stuff.

But - what's with this 5 hour delay I keep hearing about?
I want immediacy! I love my RTM and would love it even more if it could instantly sync with my gCal.
Posted 15 years ago
dgknox says:
when I do that they create a whole "new" calendar? While I can view them they still aren't in "my" calendar?
Posted 15 years ago
dgknox says:
by that I meant
"Can't you simply subscribe in Google Calendar directly to the iCal feed? Works pefectly for me.

See: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm

Posted at 2:55pm on June 30, 2008 "
Posted 15 years ago
russ.ponder says:
I am having a very long delay in getting my task to show up on my google calendar. I followed the steps and the calendar shows up..... but the task takes for ever to show on the day it's set for. Please help.
Posted 15 years ago
dgknox says:
russ.ponder -- Same issue here, things are not showing up in the google calendar at all now.

It took me 10-15 tries to be able to "fetch" the URL, as it frankly refused to accept the URL. Eventually it accepted the URL and added several events. Then it just "stopped" updating all night last night and so far today.

:(

I'm wondering if this application is "still actively supported" being developed? I can't seem to find a post from any of the developers in weeks...perhaps months?
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
It has been less than 24 hours - http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/4809/#20684

Your issues with Gcal are, I suspect, issues with Google, and are best addressed to them. Simply as a point of comparison, my RTM feed in Gcal is alive and well, and refreshes at the same every few hours rate is always has.
Posted 15 years ago
dgknox says:
My apologies to Emily and the rest. I stand corrected.

I'd noticed that that post you referenced above hadn't been answered in a week or so...and it was from a "pro"

I'm clearly new and still "evaluating" whether I can dump my outlook calendar and task lists. If I can I'd like to use the blackberry edition....And will start demoing it today...after 4 days using RTM I'm impressed as it may work well.

Still not updating in gcal, but that aside (and not to hijack the thread) ....I still haven't found a perfect way to handle my meeting agendas

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/4870/

Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I would recommend reporting any iCalendar subscriptions issues to Google Calendar -- we're not aware of any current issues on our end.

Google Calendar does seem to sometimes take a while to add new iCalendar subscriptions (if it gives you an error or doesn't subscribe, it may be worth waiting a little while then trying again -- it seems to be a bit temperamental...).

Google Calendar will periodically refresh the subscription (which should be every few hours or so -- I believe they ask people to contact them if it seems to take an unusually long amount of time).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
lesliecaplan says:
I have the same question as abeer at the beginning of this thread:

I just want my tasks to show up on Google Calendar without me having to click any blue check icon.

How do I do the above?

thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey Leslie,

You can also subscribe to your tasks to have them show up as events on your Google Calendar, in case this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
same issue - problems fetching the URL into google calendar, but find in sunbird ... so definately a google issue
Posted 15 years ago
capt451f says:
I see blue checks for all days even when there are no tasks outstanding or tasks for that day. Can RTM display the blue check icon ONLY on days that have tasks?
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Capt451f - sadly, no. It's an issue with how Google enabled this insertion in the first place. Your suggestion is one that has recurred regularly since the feature was first announced, and if RTM could change it, I think they would have by now.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.