Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM doesn't log in on gmail

browneyedgirl65 says:
I have FF3 running on Ubuntu (all latest updates)
I've installed the latest available version of the RTM extension to gmail
I've got the latest version of gmail, and I've got labs, but do not have the fancy label things enabled.

My problem is this: I get the RTM panel that says "You're not logged in (login) (refresh)". So I login (despite the fact that I'm already logged in here), but that does nothing -- coming back and clicking refresh doesn't bring up my task list. This behavior has been consistent ever since FF3 became available on Ubuntu (originally the late beta, now the official release). It did work when I was running FF2 on this machine.

I have FF3 on my windows xp at work, and that's working just fine...

Halp! Thx...
Posted at 1:27pm on June 26, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey browneyedgirl65,

It sounds as though third party cookies may be disabled in Firefox (I think this has been made a default in new Firefox 3 installs) -- to allow logins to RTM for Gmail, please follow these steps:

For Windows:

1. Click the Tools menu at the top of your browser, and select Options.
2. Click on Privacy.
3. Press the Exceptions button.
4. Enter rememberthemilk.com
5. Press the Allow button.

For Mac:

1. Click the Firefox menu at the top of your browser, and select Preferences.
2. Click on Privacy.
3. Press the Exceptions button.
4. Enter rememberthemilk.com.
5. Press the Allow button.

Hope this helps! :)
Posted 15 years ago
browneyedgirl65 says:
Aha. I actually had cookies enabled when I went in to check, but what I also did was clear out the old cookies it had for RTM and restarted. That seems to have fixed the problem!

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
derousse says:
I do have 3rd party cookies disabled (as I did in FF2) and adding RTM to the exceptions list worked.

Not sure why it worked in FF2, but Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.