Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

losing note on repeating task

castiron says:
I've got a task. "Scan Weekly Checklist", that repeats after a week and has a note attached with details about the task. It used to keep the note when it repeated, but lately it seems to lose the note when it creates the new task. I've hand-copied the note back in, so we'll see if it sticks next time...
Posted at 7:06pm on May 11, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi castiron, just to clarify, is this an 'every week' or 'after a week' repeating task?

The 'every' repeating option creates a task series (notes and all other task properties are common across all instances of the task).

The 'after' repeating option works a little differently -- it doesn't create a task series, but rather creates a new independent task each time (copying its properties like priority from the old task, but not duplicating any existing notes). Each 'after' task has its own properties and notes, and isn't tied to other tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
castiron says:
Thanks, Emily -- it started life as an "every week" task, but I'd changed it to an "after a week" task, so that explains why it's losing the note. I'll go ahead and change it back to "every week"; it's easier to remember to check it off even if it's overdue than to keep pasting the note ;-).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.