Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Managing Projects. Can I create a set of tasks to use again and again...

taltos1 says:
Hello,
I want to use RTM to manage projects that reoccur. For instance, I am a web designer and there are a specific "set" of steps I need to take for new clients, ie.

1. Secure the URL
2. Create website mockup
3. Create FTP info
4. Add Analytics
5. Etc...

Right now I am adding each step in manually but would like to create the "set" once and then import/reuse into RTM once I get a new client. Is something like that possible?

Thanks a lot.
Posted at 3:31pm on May 6, 2008
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
One way is to do this through e-mail, where you create a number of templates that you fill in with the correct info and then send to your RTM inbox. This way you can add tags, due dates, durations etc, but you will have to edit several e-mails to get it right. Some of this information could be added in the template once and for all so you wouldn't have to add it every time. See www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/emailinbox.rtm

There is also a bulk import feature, where you can import a whole list, but you can only edit the task name. Tags etc you would have to add in RTM. See www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/importemail.rtm

Finally, you could have a templates list in RTM with all the tasks. Choose all you need and duplicate them. Move the duplicates to the list you want and edit them. The degree of detail already added would probably be in between the two methods described above.

In order to get the tasks ordered correctly, you could add a leading 01, 02, 03 etc and order by task name.
Posted 15 years ago
taltos1 says:
Excellent. Thank you very much.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This Q&A should be added to some canonical RTM Tips list somewhere - it's a common question and, given the features RTM has as of now, it's a spot on answer.
Posted 15 years ago
taltos1 says:
I beleive the best solution for me it to:

"Finally, you could have a templates list in RTM with all the tasks. Choose all you need and duplicate them. Move the duplicates to the list you want and edit them. The degree of detail already added would probably be in between the two methods described above. "

Then I will achieve the list, so it does not clutter my active lists, and then when needed, duplicate them accordingly.

Thanks again
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.