Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Strange Behavior with Blackberry/RTM and due dates

jaworthen says:
I'm seeing some strange behavior on my BB with MilkSync and RTM. This is my current setup:

1. BB 8830, OS 4.2.2, base Tasks app. with BBTaskPro and NextAction (both being trialed currently)
2. RTM running in Firefox 3 Beta 5
3. Using Quick Add, iGoogle, Twitter, Jott, and Gmail add-ins, as well as GCal. Also running Google Sync to sync GCal and BB.
4. I have BB tasks set to show in my Calendar.
5. Syncing Tasks through BES with GroupWise, where they are showing correct due dates.

This is what is happening:

1. When I add a task on my BB with no category, status, or due date, it syncs to the Inbox with RTM, sets the status to In Progress on the BB, and assigns a due date of today at 12:00 PM.
2. At the end of each day, all tasks due dates in the past are automatically changed to the current date at 12:00 PM.

I have looked at all sorts of options to see if it is something on the BB, but I can't see anything. Please advise - and thanks for an incredible set of products!

Jeff
Posted at 4:53pm on April 28, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reporting this.

Is it possible that one of the other task applications that you're trialling (BBTaskPro or NextAction) has this behaviour as features?

We don't modify the status to In Progress or set default due dates, or automatically change due dates to be the current day. Would it be possible to disable/uninstall the other applications and let us know if either of these still happens?

We'd love to investigate further if MilkSync appears to be causing this behaviour.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
jaworthen says:
Emily thanks for the post and the email. I had disabled both but still was experiencing the problem. I finally figured out what was causing the issue - synchronizing with GroupWise on our company BES. GroupWise apparently uses some interesting mappings to sync to the Blackberry. Once I turned off the wireless sync of tasks to the BES, problem resolved.

Only issue that I am seeing now is with note synchronization. When I create a note, it will sync. However, further edits of the note on the desktop will not sync to the Blackberry. I have two-way sync enabled. I'll keep working on this to see if I can isolate the problem. Has this problem been reported by anyone previously?

Thanks for your help, and again for an incredible product!

Jeff
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Jeff, we're not aware of any issues with notes syncing -- we'd like to investigate this.

When you referred to further editing of the note on the desktop, can I clarify if you were referring to RTM or to the GroupWise client (or another desktop client)?

Regarding the earlier issue, thanks for letting us know about GroupWise -- unfortunately we don't have access to a GroupWise server to do more testing, but we'll see if we can research the issue further.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.