Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Site status: Temporary network issues

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It looks like our provider is experiencing some temporary network issues that are affecting one of our servers in particular -- some people may have experienced problems loading the application if they happened to reach that server.

We're currently waiting on the network provider to resolve the issue (and in the meantime, we're temporarily taking the affected server out of action so that people will be directed to ones they can reach instead).

I'll post again once this is resolved. Thanks for your patience!
Posted at 7:14am on April 24, 2008
johnwin says:
thanks for the heads up - I was in a panic!

Thank goodness for google gears!
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
I thought that maybe my greasemonkey had screwed something up.
Posted 15 years ago
spacebear says:
It's not until a web service goes out of order that one realizes how dependent he is from it. :)
Posted 15 years ago
It turns out that there have been a number of problems today with carriers around the US, so unfortunately it's a wider Internet issue that happens to be impacting us -- our provider is doing everything they can to route around the issues.

If your connection is affected, you'll most likely be able to reach the RTM website (thus why I'm posting about it here :) but you may not be able to load the application.

For anyone interested in the details, our provider has told us that it appears that AT&T is having massive issues with reachability to the majority of Tier 1 carriers. If your ISP uses AT&T to reach our servers, you might experience problems.

Additionally, a fiber cut in the Dallas to Houston area has caused problems with another carrier (Level 3). Due to the cut, large amounts of traffic have been shifted elsewhere, causing other segments to have problems. From our testing, you're more likely to experience problems if your Internet connection goes through this carrier in the LA area (so if you're on the West Coast of the US, or in Australia, or in some parts of Asia). It may be affecting other parts of the US too, though.

There would be a whole bunch of people frantically working to fix these issues, so hopefully we'll see some improvement soon!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
How about posting that on your blog? I was originally redirected there, but there is no update about this on the blog which since it loads up, I'm guessing you have on a different server somewhere.

I was getting very irritated that it wasn't working and I couldn't find any info on the problem. I had to wait until I could get to this help forum - obviously on an affected part of the network.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, definitely get something up on the blog. That loads quickly.

And here's a big thank you for MilkSync Blackberry version just in time!

Even though I can't get my tasks in Gmail or use the site, I have no problem using my Blackberry to tell me what needs to be done. :-)
Posted 15 years ago
Sorry about that, it's up on the blog (accidentally posted under Omar's name... mmm, maybe I need more sleep :)

This issue should hopefully only be affecting a small percentage of users, as it looks like most traffic is making it through successfully (I know that's no consolation if you're one of the unlucky ones!).

It does look like the network is clearing up finally, so I'm hoping this will be resolved for everyone soon.
Posted 15 years ago
Everything should be back to normal now (so please let us know if there are still any issues from your connection!). Thanks for everyone's patience.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.