Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

ICal and task (event) duration error

(closed account) says:
I've a task exported via ICal into GCalendar. The task in RTM start at 12:00 and have an estimated duration of 5 minutes. The estimated end of task is 12:05. But here is the content of the exported ICal :

DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Paris:20080422T110000
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Paris:20080422T120000

Which show a duration of 1h ! (And displayed in GCal)..
Posted at 7:04am on April 22, 2008
xynetha says:
I've noticed this too. If it's just a change to the way the iCal file is produced, I vote to change this and hopefully add as a priority item. I'm sure a whole bunch of us use GCal and RTM together, it makes a lot of sense that our durations should be reflected on our calendar.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
With the iCalendar Events feed, we set the duration of each event to be 1hr so that all tasks display on the calendar.

The reason for this is that not all tasks may have time estimates, and that the time estimate for a task isn't necessarily the same as an event duration (e.g. if a report is due at 9am and has a time estimate of 6hrs, this doesn't mean that it should show as an event for the 6hrs immediately before or after the due date -- the report may be worked on at any time).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.