Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Every Weekday task shows on Weekends

shawn.wang says:
I set a task, which repeat is set to "every weekday", shown today, Dec 18, Sunday.

Another issue is: Sometimes, the "Next Monday/Tuesday/..." are not correct. It shows the next next week's day. I will keep an eye on it and give you details later.

Posted at 5:26pm on December 18, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Shawn, please email us ([old address removed]) with the names of any tasks where you see this problem, and we can check it out.

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
shawn.wang says:
Sorry, I already deleted it.

maybe you can reproduce it by create a task, set it to every weekdays, and see if it goes across to weekends.

Regards
Posted 18 years ago
shawn.wang says:
About "Next ..." problem:
for example, today is Dec 19.
If I type Next Monday, it becomes Jan 2, not Dec 26.

Hope it can be fixed soon.

thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks, I'll do some more testing on the 'weekday' issue.

Regarding 'next' in due dates -- the way that this works is if today is Monday (Dec 19) then typing 'mon' will produce the upcoming Monday (Dec 26), and 'next mon' will produce the Monday after that (Jan 2).
Posted 18 years ago
shawn.wang says:
I see.
But that's not our natural language's "Next", isn't that?
Posted 18 years ago
'Next' is pretty ambiguous. Different people will interpret it differently, depending on where they live or which day of the week it's said on.

We've had to be consistent ('mon' meaning the upcoming Monday, 'next mon' meaning the one after that). This may or may not be your natural language, depending on where you live and which English you're using :)
Posted 18 years ago
luc0zade says:
I think Emily's right about this. Regardless of what's 'natural', interpreting 'Next' in this way gives extra flexibility. As Emily explains, 'Monday' is the first Monday after the current day, and 'next Monday' is the second Monday after the current day.

If you want to enter a task which is due on the day it is entered, simply type 'today' as the Due Date.

The flexible way in which RTM interprets dates entered as words is just one of the features which makes this such a brilliant service!
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.