Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

waiting?

robbyk says:
does anybody have any suggestions for a RTM system/process to handle tasks that you have completed, but are waiting for a response on? I want to mark them complete to get them off my task list, but I don't want forget in case somebody doesn't get back to me in a timely manner.

thanks,
rob
Posted at 10:37pm on April 2, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I suspect you'll get a dozen different answers, but here are some of the things I do…

I don't mark it as complete. Rather, I change the due date to the point in time I expect to hear from the person. The I tag it with a tag like waitingon. You could use delegated, assigned, waiting, or aardvark, but you want to use the same tag for all of your items like this. If you routinely assign things to the same people, you may also wish to tag the item with the person's name or initials, so you can call up all of their items easily. Last, I'd add a note with the date I assigned it and any useful details to nudge my memory later. One last idea - if you use gcal, add a tag to get this item on your gcal RTM calendar so you'll see it over there, too.

I'm sure others will chime in with alternate approaches, so I'll be curious to see what they come up with.
Posted 16 years ago
beau.raines says:
I do the same thing as ranbarton...

The only thing I don't like, is when I have left my tags on it...

Say for instance, I have a to do to call someone, I'll tag it with "calls". Then, when I leave a voicemail, I add waiting, but then it is on my calls list.

Sometimes, I don't wait for them to call back because it is still on my calls list and I just call them again.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you amend your calls list to exclude your waiting tag, they you're in business.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.