Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Change in Task/notes on PDA, don not change in RTM

(closed account) says:
Hi,

if i change the notes on my pda. Than MilkSync, restore the old datas of the Task.

I have chose 2 Ways sync.

What is the Problem.?

PS
I use PocketInformant8 to manage the Tasks. I think this is not the Problem WinMobile6.1
Posted at 7:53pm on April 1, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The synchronization on the notes field is limited, unfortunately, as Windows Mobile only supports having one note (whereas in RTM, you can have an unlimited number of notes).

If a task is added with a note in Windows Mobile, it will sync back to RTM with the note included.

However, when there are existing notes for a task in RTM, these notes will be sent to the one note field in Windows Mobile. However, it's not possible to make changes to this field and have them synced back into the RTM notes.

We're looking at the possibility of supporting synchronizing back with multiple notes from the one note field (possibly by having notes separators and identifiers included for each note), so it's something that may be possible in the future.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes thank you. But I use since many years some tasksas Notes.

So one TASK is a shopping list. When I go shopping I erase some notes.

So I want to use just the same note. Not like RTM many notes.

I understand that you have a lot of things to do.

So can you give me a tipp, how can i use my "shopping list" untill you meke an update? Because, it is very hard, when I am ouside. I can't use my PDA, becuse I have to imagin what i have changed to retyping it at home in RTM Website.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have exactly the same problem as archontidis. Does anyone have a tip for us? Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi again,
I don't want to be a pain, I think RTM is absolutely brilliant and it has helped me a lot but I think that this lack of 2-way note synchronisation is a major drawback at the moment. Thank you for a great service but please do something about this as in my mind it would be the most important feature to add at the moment.

Sorry but it had to be said :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I go back to outlook too. Until the notes probs will be updated.

But the automatic synchronize only with cradle connection was a reason too. At the moment it use the GPRS Connection.

Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.