Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Completed tasks showing on ipod

mayflyaway says:
Hi,

All of my completed RTM tasks are showing on my iPod. Completed tasks from my local iCal calendar do not show - probably because they are automatically deleted after one day. I don't see any way to not allow completed tasks to sync over to the iPod - there isn't an option in iTunes, nor is there any option in iCal.
Anyone know how to get around this?
The only thing I can think of is to set RTM to automatically delete tasks after a period of time after Completion, which I also don't see as an option in RTM, but maybe I overlooked it? I don't really see any other way around my problem, except maybe to delete them rather than complete them. But it's easiest to just click Complete, since it's right there. Ideas?
Thanks,
r
Posted at 11:50pm on March 28, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I'm not sure how it works when syncing with an iPod, but maybe double check that you have "Show All Completed Items" unchecked in iCal -- this option is available by clicking on the "To Dos" bar.

(As a side note, I should probably mention that I just tried this on some non-RTM to-dos in the latest iCal on Leopard (Version 2.0.5), and the "Show All Completed Items" option didn't seem to do anything at all... so if it's not working, there might be something weird going on in iCal.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
mayflyaway says:
Hi emily,

When I select 'Show All Completed Items,' all of the completed items that have not been automatically deleted on all of my calendars show up. However, regardless of whether or not I have this option selected, the completed RTM items are syncing over to my iPod (which syncs the same way as the iPhone - via iTunes). I've checked through all of my iCal and iTunes settings for some setting which would allow me to not sync completed items, but there doesn't seem to be anything. I guess it's a limitation of the Mac software. In any case, having an auto-delete of tasks in the RTM settings would be nice! I'll post it as a suggestion.
Thanks,
r
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
How about creating a smartlist that excluded completed tasks and then subscribe to that? Presto, no completed tasks on your iPod, I would think.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.