Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

searching on list name wildcard

kellysollinger says:
Hello all. I would like to create a smart list that will show me all the completed actions I've done in the last week on my work projects. I have work projects in lists named starting with WK. I can get a search on status:completed and completedWithin:"7 days ago" to work but it shows personal projects as well. I can't seem to get a wildcard search on the list to work: status:completed and completedWithin:"7 days ago" and list:WK*. Is what I'm trying to do do-able?
Posted at 7:16pm on March 10, 2008
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
No wildcards in RTM, sad to say.
Posted 16 years ago
sejjiin says:
tagContains: essentially is a form of wildcard searching. You would have to use tags instead of lists to describe your work projects though.

Personally, I keep everything in Inbox, never even look at it, and use tags and smart lists for everything. You can do everything with tags you can with lists and more.
Posted 16 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
So is typing "buy" in the search field, everything containing that string is shown.

I also agree with the idea of putting everything in the Inbox but using tags and smart lists to see the tasks any way you want. There is even a Stylish script that makes RTM hide the regular lists and only show the smart lists. One further improvement in that area would be being able to hide smart lists that are only used within other smart lists.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.