Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cross-platform/browser errors causing complete non-usability

philhagen says:
Upon login, I receive the following error:

--- 88 ---
There was a problem reaching the server. Are you connected to the Internet? (auth.setTimezone failed.) Try again?
--- 88 ---

The default list displays OK, though. However, upon selecting a different list, the "Loading..." indicator displays, and the following error appears:

--- 88 ---
There was a problem reaching the server. Are you connected to the Internet? (lists.load failed.) Try again?
--- 88 ---

Clicking back onto the default list gives the same lists.load error (e.g. previously-displayed list doesn't re-appear)

This only happens at work, which I'm told is behind a transparent BlueCoat proxy. I've confirmed the error in the following scenarios:
Safari on Leopard
Firefox on Leopard
Firefox on domain-controlled Windows system
IE on domain-controlled Windows system
(All software is latest version)

I did not have this problem until late last week.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. If I can provide any assistance in further troubleshooting, please let me know.
Posted at 11:36am on March 10, 2008
philhagen says:
For what it's worth, I just kicked the request over to SSL mode and it works now, since the proxy can't bungle the traffic. I'm pretty sure it's a BlueCoat issue, but worth mentioning...
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
philhagen, thanks for reporting this. If it works with the HTTPS URL, it does sound like a proxy is causing the issue.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.