Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Gears & Firefox 2.0

cintra says:
Boy I spent a while narrowing this problem down.. thought it might have been due to FF 2.0.0.12 so I went back version by version for a while, and then decided to start removing extensions until the RTM tab loaded properly.

The problem btw was shown as the RTM tab being in an constant 'initialising' state, with the green 'offline' indicator rotating.

When I disabled the Gears extension all was well. This is on an iMac at 10.5.2 btw..

So I installed Gears on my Macbook Air, it did the offline update ok and is currently working ok. I'm going to restart FF now and will get back with results.
Posted at 2:44pm on February 20, 2008
cintra says:
Its still working ok on AIR. I'll look further into the iMac when its finished backup :)
Posted 16 years ago
cintra says:
Further info.. I have added nearly all of the iMac Firefox extensions to the Macbook Air and still the RTM tab loads perfectly.

Google Gears settings are the same on both machines.

Thats it for today. Any ideas?
Posted 16 years ago
cintra says:
I am logged onto a Tiger partition of the iMac now and the RTM tab is loading normally with Gears On- & Off-line ok, this is also on Firefox 2.0.0.12..

i.e. It looks as though my problem has to do with Leopard 10.5.2 only on the iMac where I can only run online using Firefox 2.0.0.12..
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
cintra, thanks for reporting this. Hmm, it's difficult to say where the problem might have been -- did you try clearing cache (and if so, did this help)? Also, do you know what version of Gears you were running? Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
cintra says:
Hei emily, cache gets cleared each time I quit FF, and Gears is the same version on each machine, 0.2.14.0.

Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.