Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

(((BUGS))) timeEstimate broken?

thomasghenry says:
I don't always enter timeEstimate data in a standardized way and I get funky results when searching by timeEstimate. For example RTM accepts "5" as a time estimate. I have no idea what I meant by "5". It was probably a typo. Sometimes the item with timeEstimate:5 comes up in searches.... sometimes it doesn't, but there isn't a pattern that's obvious to me that determines this. I think it thinks it's 5 minutes, but I'm not sure.

Really what I'd like (what I was trying to do when I noticed this) is to be able to search for things that do not have time estimates at all.

example:
hasTimeEstimate:false

Currently, when I search "timeEstimate:" I get two results. One has a timeEstimate of "5" and the other "1 week".

'timeEstimate:"< 6 minutes"' yields the "5" result, a "1 week" result, and a "5m" result.

'timeEstimate:"<6"' yields nothing.

'timeEstimate:"> 6"' gives a list of things ranging from "5m" to "2h" .... but nothing on the scale of days or weeks.

"timeEstimate:>10" yields the same, but "timeEstimate:<10" yields nothing.

If it can't handle my shorthand, it shouldn't accept it (as it does reject things like "timeEstimate:bjork"... I tried).

"timeEstimate:<1day" gives results including tasks with times of:

"5"
"15 mins"
"1 week"
"1month"
"2h"

"timeEstimate:>1day" and 'timeEstimate:"> 1 day" ' both return nothing.

While you're at it, it would be nice to be able to sort lists by time estimate.

Thanks for your time!
Posted at 2:17pm on February 14, 2008
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.