Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM to iCal to iPhone

cardopski says:
I may be asking a lot here and hope someone can tell me to keep dreaming.

I use Entourage (outlook for the Mac) and then sync those calendar events and to do items to iCal and then to iPhone. I cleverly named this calendar 'entourage' in iCal. iPhone only lets you sync to ONE calendar so of course I choose the ical calendar labeled entourage.

So, RTM lets me subscribe to a calendar (the RTM calendar created from the website) to get my to do's into iCal. Perfect.

But the problem is iPhone only syncs one calendar so I have to do the entourage calendar and not the RTM calendar. Bummer.

So, is my ONLY option to see my to do list from RTM the upgraded version through my Safari browswer on my iPhone.

Will RTM ever come out with an installed app for the iPhone or will it always be web based.

Is there a way to get the RTM ical from the web to WRITE to the 'entourage' calendar that gets synced from Entourage to iCal and then to my phone?
Posted at 3:31am on February 6, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
One issue is that the iPhone doesn't currently support to-do items from iCal (it only supports events).

Apple doesn't currently allow third parties to develop applications that can be installed on the iPhone, unfortunately (although I believe they plan to start allowing that sometime this month).

It's not possible to sync RTM with Entourage or iCal at this time, sorry. (You can subscribe to your tasks with the iCalendar feed if this is useful).

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.