Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

A couple of tiny bugs?

ianbillups says:
Hi all at RTM.

A couple of tiny bugs, or possibly strange design decisions, for your consideration...

a) Milksync has a nice cow, a big white space, and the only actually information at the bottom of the page. On my PDA, in fact on a couple I've seen, when the PDA kicks into landscape orientation, this information is lost. (There is no vertical scroll bar.) You could fix this with very little investigation or work by simply moving the information to the top or the middle of the page.

b) If I understand correctly, it is *lists* not *tasks* that are shared with Contacts? Does that not mean that "Share with Contact..." should be in the Settings section not in the Tasks section? Apart from anything else, in your current version I don't think it's possible to share a list with someone until you've put a task in it? This confused me when I started using RTM.

Warm regards,

Ian.
Posted at 11:28pm on January 2, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ian, thanks for your report.

For a), can I ask which device you're using MilkSync with? We'll have to do some further testing with landscape mode.

For b), you can actually share both entire lists and individual tasks with contacts (sorry for the confusion). It should be possible to share a list that has no tasks -- if you experience any problems with list sharing, just let us know.

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
ianbillups says:
Hi Emily,

a) I am using what O2 call an Exec and T-Mobile call an MDA Pro, running Windows Mobile 5. I've seen the same problem on other PDAs, and others have reported it in your forums. But as I said, the easiest way to fix it would be to rearrange the page.

b) Sorry, I was wrong about sharing empty lists. I have to admit I found the sharing in RTM extremely confusing: partly because I mixed up the concepts of sharing tasks and sharing lists, and partly because some changes take time to take effect and I wasn't patient enough when experimenting.

Warm regards,

Ian.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ian, thanks for this info. We'll check out the landscape mode issue and see if we can update this for the next version.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.