Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sorting by due date doesn't properly sort day's tasks

(closed account) says:
Say you have two tasks, both due today. One has a due time that has passed and is therefore overdue. The other is due any time. How should this be sorted?

IMHO I believe the task with the due time should come before the task due any time. This is not how it currently is. My overdue task, the one with the time, comes after the tasks with no due time.
Posted at 8:20pm on January 1, 2008
csesget says:
I completely agree.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Tasks that don't have specific due times set are sorted as though they are due at the start of the day (i.e. midnight). Hope this helps.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I understand but I still think the behavior is incorrect. If a task is due at 10 am and it's 11 am, that task is overdue. But, I may not see it immediately if my task list for the day is long, or I'm using the mobile version.

You do have to admit that the tasks aren't truly sorted as though they are due at the start of the day (12 am). You have special handling so that they don't show up as overdue. I'm just asking that you improve the special handling so that tasks with real due times are above those without.

As I use RTM more and more and rely on it more and more, this is becoming a greater pain.

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
csesget says:
It would be extremely helpful to me if the tasks that have times associated with them were sorted above those that do not.

Emily, could tasks that are due on a specific day but not a time be sorted as though there were due at 11:59 p.m., which would push them down?
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.