Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Acquisition of RTM?

doughywilson says:
I am wondering if there is any possibility that Google would acquire Remember the Milk? They are in desperate need of a good task list, and remember the milk is phenomenal.

Would RTM be interested in being acquired? Why hasn't it happened already!?
Posted at 8:26pm on December 21, 2007
lwallach says:
Heheh, I've been thinking the same thing. I think RTM is one of the best if not the best task manager out there and their model seems to be very Google-compatible. Not sure if Emily et al WANT to get bought out by a foreign (to them) company, but they seem very happy to make things work with Google's various offerings. I doubt they will comment on such things whether or not they've been approached, but it's fun to speculate. The main thing I would hope for in a Google buyout would simply be more resources to get things done. Then again, features in various Google tools (maps, calendar, etc.) seem to trickle out at a slow pace, so I'm not sure simply getting bought by them will speed things up - at least in the short term...
Posted 16 years ago
doughywilson says:
Yeah. I just hope the the work the RTM team has set forth ends up paying out for them. It would really suck if Google released a task list and then everyone started using it just because it's automatically integrated into gmail/calendar/etc... It would just seem unfair that RTM had spent so much time getting their product to work for Google users.
Posted 16 years ago
d4jones says:
I just created my account and hit the forums to see if anyone had brought this point up.
Posted 16 years ago
anotherbeachbum says:
I imagine that Google has their eyes on every developer's task application. Once the dust settles, I assert that Google will select the one application that works the best and make the developer very rich in terms of Google stock. Furthermore, I expect Google to iron out all of the integration issues between their applications, offer a universal contacts list and provide an calendar based task list before they launch their mobile phone software.
Posted 16 years ago
sfinxes says:
They already have one, but it did not launch yet: Jotspot: http://www.jot.com/gallery/#TODO

The fact that Google does not have a decent to do manager, makes me think that they are programming away on the integration of Jostpot (& ToDo) into all Google products. If they would not be doing this, RTM would already be aquired...

True that it would be a pitty for RTM.. They have really outdone themselves with the gmail addon.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.