Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

2 gmail accounts, 2 RTM accounts, 1 computer?

yzafar says:
Hi, my wife has a gmail and RTM account, and i have a gmail and RTM account. If she has been signed on to gmail before me, when I sign on to gmail, her RTM account shows up in gmail instead of mine. Shouldn't my RTM sign on automatically with my gmail account? Any work arounds for this?

Thanks!
Posted at 4:17am on December 21, 2007
craig.protelus says:
I was going to ask the same question today; then I found yours. I'm not a techie, but my fear is that the architecture of browsers and cookies does not allow this.

As a work around, I have been opening my second account in IE 7.0. Christ, what a piece of s**t! It's the first time I have used it and I am stunned at how bad it is. You used to at least be able to count on Microsoft to steal good ideas, but it seems they can't even do that any more.
Posted 16 years ago
yzafar says:
No way am i going back to IE (or any other browser, for that matter)!!

Hopefully, someone from RTM can chime in on this. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this question.
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
You can use firefox profiles to segregate extensions between two different users. I'm not smart enough to explain more, but I have used it in the past to do this.
Posted 16 years ago
cchelius says:
Thanks, Eric. I will read up on firefox profiles. As a back-up, it occurred to me today that I could download Opera and use that for my second account. After using IE for week, I have had all I can take.
Posted 16 years ago
craig.protelus says:
Eric, you're a champ! Firefox profiles it is.

yzafar: it takes about 60 seconds to set-up profiles. go here for instructions:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows

Thanks Eric.
Posted 16 years ago
craig.protelus says:
there is one issue; it's not an issue for yzafar. You can only open one profile at a time. So yzafar's wife can use her profile and afterwards yzafar can use his.

I cannot open one browser window with say a work profile and another browser window with a personal profile.

That, apparently, still requires two different browsers.
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
Are you sure about this? It's been about a year for me, but I really think I had multiple browser windows open at the same time, each with using a different FF profile.

I know I was using the command line arguments to specify this.

But then again, my memory is crap (hence the HUGE need for something to help me remember like RTM!) so I could very easily be wrong about this.

I don't have this need anymore, so I will leave it to you guys to do the research.

Good luck!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.