Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Publish to a Contact

david.hogg says:
I have published several lists to a contact. The contact is my wife, whose computer is right next to mine.

My first question is how can she see (or display) the lists that I have published for her.

My second question is what happens if one or more of the lists I publish for her to see has the same name as one of my wife's existing lists.
Posted at 2:23am on November 25, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Your published lists are at:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/username/

If your wife is logged in and goes to that URL, she will be able to view your lists (unless you make the lists public, nobody else will be able to see them).

If you'd like your wife to be able to modify your lists, you could share them instead. It doesn't matter if she has lists with the same name; she will just end up with multiple lists named the same.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
Sorry to come back rather late on this one. The answer to the first question is very clear. Thanks. There does not seem to be any answer to the second question.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
Sorry to come back rather late on this one. The answer to the first question is very clear. Thanks. There does not seem to be any answer to the second question.
Posted 18 years ago
The list names? Having lists of the same name doesn't matter for either sharing or publishing.

If you share a list of the same name, you will just end up with multiple lists with the same name.

If you publish a list of the same name, the other person will see your lists separately anyway by going to a separate URL e.g. http://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/omar/

Does this clear it up?
Posted 18 years ago
patrick.tam says:
My contact can't see my published list to them....if they login and visit the address that you've outlined above, they get the error message that they're not logged in (even though they are).

I notice a link in the publish menu to the right of my list 'Link to this published list' which I click on and forward to my contact. This time when they login and follow this link they don't get an error message, but instead a blank page. HELP?
Posted 18 years ago
Patrick, can you please email us at [old address removed] with your contact's username and the name of the list that you're publishing for them? We can check into this.

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.