Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

GC Integration Problem

l_stevens says:
I integrated RTM to GC by using the Public Link (because I want the events to visually show up on my calendar. When I copy the link over to GC, any events will transfer over to my Calendar. BUT thats it! Any changes I make to tasks in RTM (even if I delete one) is never reflected in GC.I have reloaded both sites, deleted and recreated the link, and it stays the same (as it was the first time that I did it). Why?
Posted at 8:50pm on December 13, 2007
lwallach says:
First of all, only tasks that have a due date show up embedded in the actual calendar (rather than being accessible via that check mark thing).

Secondly, it apparently takes around 3 hours for Google to update these iCal links, so doing stuff in RTM (whether adding, deleting, or changing tasks) won't be reflected in GCal for at least a few hours.

Hope this helps,

Levi
Posted 16 years ago
l_stevens says:
Is there any way to "force" the GC update?
Posted 16 years ago
lwallach says:
That would be nice, huh? Not that I know of.
Posted 16 years ago
dewi says:
I've waited more than 6 hours and haven't seen an update yet. I seem to need to remove and re-add the feed.

I found a discussion between some users and a Google employee here, but it ends 18 months ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-bugs/browse_thread/thread/7716e2da317e82cc/b70f70e5c6c50da5?lnk=st&q=google+calendar+refresh+ical&rnum=1#
Posted 16 years ago
dewi says:
It just updated!

I'm not sure what the delay is or how consistent it's going to be, but it's a lot longer than 3 hours.

There are other discussions about this in the Google Calendar Help Group I referenced above, but very few answers.
Posted 16 years ago
erik says:
I was curious about google's refresh frequency and built a little test.

So far in the 2 days I have been monitoring, the googlebot hit's my test ICAL about every 6 hours, which is a lot better than it used to be. I still know of no way to force the refresh.
Posted 16 years ago
lwallach says:
Thanks for doing that erik! Wow, 6 hours, huh? I don't quite understand why it can't be more frequent, or even manually refreshable, but I don't know how this is implemented and what the implications are in terms of bandwidth. I've actually gotten to a point where I use RTM a lot more often that GCal, so it almost doesn't matter that some of my tasks are not showing up in my calendar, since I'm more likely to see them in RTM anyway...
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.