Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cancelled Event Keeps Notifying Me

(closed account) says:
I am a new user. I think that when I first signed up, there was a "dummy" task called "Remember The Milk" that I deleted. I have intergrated RTM with Google Calendar. I also chose the option to be notified of Cancelled Events.

Now, EVERY DAY I am notified of that "dummy task" that was cancelled. How/where do I delete this task so it stops notifying me that it was cancelled?

Here is the mail that I keep getting:

Remember The Milk to me
show details 11:37 pm (2½ hours ago)

Title: Tasks for Saturday (Oct 13)
When: Sat Oct 13, 2007 (EDT)
Who: Unknown Organizer*

Add to calendar»

Your Agenda for Sat Oct 13, 2007
No earlier events
All day Tasks for Saturday (Oct 13)
No later events

view my calendar »

Remember The Milk cancelled the following event:

Tasks for Saturday (Oct 13)
Sat Oct 13, 2007
(Eastern Time)

Calendar: Remember The Milk

This event was removed from your calendar.

View your calendar»

Posted at 7:19am on December 13, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This reminder is actually coming from Google Calendar -- the RTM feature in Google Calendar uses a special calendar that has an event on each day (in order to show RTM for each day). This calendar usually wouldn't have notifications turned on, but for some reason Google Calendar seems to be sending you reminders for these events.

To turn these notifications off, locate the 'Remember The Milk' calendar on the left in Google Calendar (underneath 'Other Calendars'). Click the arrow to the right, and select 'Notifications'. On that screen, make sure that no reminder settings are turned on.

If the notification settings is turned off, but you're still receiving reminders, you may need to contact the Google support folks -- we don't have any control over these settings in Google Calendar, sorry.

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.