Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Development drought

steve23606 says:
So here we are, six months after Emily posted the following:

"I'm really sorry for the lack of communication on our end about the Remember The Milk service in general. This one's my fault, and is something we're working to fix right now. You can expect more frequent updates on the blog (and social media, if you're following us there).

I also hear you that we're slow on feature updates and improvements. We've had some big updates (e.g., MilkScript), but I totally appreciate that there are other areas of our apps that people would like to see given some love too. :) We're working to change this -- I realize these are just words, but I'm hoping through our actions that we'll be able to earn your trust back."

Since then, all that's happened is the return of Tips & Tricks - content which is provided by users.

This simply confirms the impression that Remember The Milk is abandonware, despite Emily's reassurances, which is seems really are "just words".

The price has gone up but we're not getting anything more than before.

So no, I'm afraid you haven't earned my trust back. You've simply confirmed my view that RTM is no longer being developed or marketed.

This is so disappointing.
Posted at 9:59pm on May 13, 2024
zurbit says:
Agreed. No visible changes after the assurance from Emily. The updates via blog and social media are in frequent and do not provide insight into what comes next ? Ive read about software considered feature complete and bug free. When you review comments and request in the forums, there is an opportunity to enhance functionality. Is the platform, slowly being abandoned ? Asking you users to stick around and support your endeavours (also paying more), needs to be rewarded by showing some level of commitment.
Posted 6 days ago
judykator says:
+1
Posted 2 days ago
nah.why says:
I came here today to post about a problem with the software that's bothering me.

That said, however, Remember the Milk is a great product at its current level of features. It never loses my data. I use it all day every day on my phone and the web, it does 99% of everything I need successfully and reliably.

I would be SO happy if while yes, development was abandoned, yet still the service was maintained in good working order.

I fear, however, that bit rot will accrue and it'll start getting more and more unreliable.

Meaning, there's a difference between new features and bug fixes (positive change) and maintaining the status quo (vs degradation). I would be very happy with maintaining the status quo.

And it does feel to me today 05/25/2024 (happy Memorial Day) as solid and reliable as 5 years ago.

And Andrew often replies to my posts here.

So I am hopeful for a well-maintained service going forward in the future.
Posted 2 days ago