Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add a reminder when creating a task?

katrinamitchell says:
Hi, I would like to know how to add a reminder at the same time I'm creating a task. At the moment I need to create the task, select option to edit and then add the reminder. I'm thinking there must be an easier way to do this.

I'm using the Android app.
Posted at 3:51pm on March 3, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi katrinamitchell,
The easiest way to do this is to adjust your account settings so that your reminders are based on your start/due dates/times.

You can select either the Daily Digest based on the date, which sends a summary of those tasks at a set time: "these tasks start today, these tasks are due today", etc.

You can also select reminders to be sent relative to a start/due time, so "this task starts now or is due now" and/or "this task is due in X minutes", etc.

You can see more about these settings on our website.

Otherwise, no, it's not possible to set an individual reminder the way you are requesting here, and we appreciate that feedback.

It'd be great to know if this helps for you or not, and I can let the development team know about that feedback as well! 💙
Posted 7 weeks ago
milene.cha says:
I use individual reminders a LOT and users just need too many clicks to add them. It is cumbersome.

I practically only create tasks via Smart Add.

It would be great to have a specific operator to add individual reminders via Smart Add as well.

Posted 7 weeks ago